View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #22
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Hi all - Project Ginger Has Begun

I don't know how I missed this, but better late than never.

For the most part the truck steering boxes from the '68-'86 C series and '87-'91 R series are the same. There was a variable ratio option, but I do not know of a way to ID that box if the SPID tag is not present in the truck. Red Head Steering may be able to set you up with a quicker ratio box. I believe AGR makes a quicker ratio truck box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGER64 View Post
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I didn't think her name would be so popular! When I brought the truck home and showed some of my friends everyone said she looks like a Ginger so it stuck.

CaptainFab I will be coming to you for some hardware real soon. You make some great parts. For my power steering box is there years to look for and others to stay away from? I know it will be a 73-87. I think I will hit up Red Head Steering here in Seattle for one of there boxes.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote