View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #148
Blue/72

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

I was up at my grandmas when I was about 4 years old and that was the first time I rode in my truck. At that time it was in eastern oregon. After many trips to her home for things like holidays and such I finally convinced my dad to Purchase it from her and brought it back home where she now lives. Then in 2013 I was sitting in my science class and saw a 1972 Chyenne just on the other side of the road. The guy wanted 2500$ for the truck and I only wanted to give him 800$. After going back to his house 1 or 2 times a month for 3 months he finally gave in! Sweet! I really only wanted the deep dish rally wheels off the trick and planned to part out the truck, but after the guy actually started the truck and I drove it home after it sitting for 5 or more years and less rust than I expected I haut spawned wheels and tired with my truck and sold it whole for 1900$ that summer! The. About a year later I was looking at a 69 c20 in a car lot. After talking to the owner about how my little brother was looking for a mustang he told me that I should drive to the original business owners home because he was a serious car collecter and he thought he had a mustang for sale. After taking the short drive to his house he informed us that he did not have a mustang but he looked over and saw my truck and asked if I wanted to see his car collection. Of course I did!! So he took us out to the shop and when we walked in my jaw dropped. Cuada, beliars, chevy truck (not 67-72), superbirds and the list goes on. He did have a mustang but it was a super clean kr500 convertible all original and the thing looked new. After an hour of gawking at the cars he told me that he had another truck, not super clean or rare out back. We walked out and on the back side of the barn growing in the blackberry a was a 1972 c10 with a 67 clip. The truck was restored 10 years ago but on the drive home from the shop the truck ran out of gas so it was parked and left. No rust, new jegs 350 crate motor, new interior and lowered. Now the truck was super dirty and fairly ratty but clean. He said it was his sons truck. He had a brain tumor and passed away last year. After a few hours of talking we struck a deal on the truck. 1350$!! We came back the next day and loaded it up on the trailer. Now the truck has a 3/5 drop, deep dish rally's and a returned interior. Oh and it is my 14 year old brothers truck.!ive gotten really lucky with the trucks I have purchased so far. It is the best feeling in the world to find one of our trucks out in a field and then be able to get them back on the road, running and driving again!!
•1972 Cheyenne Super. Sold
Blue/72 is offline   Reply With Quote