Thread: NJ F/S Wiper Delay
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:51 PM   #179
twouvakind

Re: F/S Wiper Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Burban View Post
I received my delay switch a few days ago and installed it last night, works great, and was an easy install, thanks for a great addition to my 66 C-10.

Thought I would share a few things I noted during the install process for mid 60's C-10.
1) After being hooked up or test fit turn the delay switch on first to get delay function, then turn on factory switch for slow or fast speed. If you turn on factory switch first it will over ride the delay switch and you may think it is not working (like I did for a couple minutes...Blonde moment or in my case old and gray...LOL)
2)I used the hole already in the bottom edge of the dash below the wiper switch for the new delay switch (page 2 post #43-48), I just used a washer for correct fit. I also drilled a 1/8 hole for the clocking pin on the new switch next to the factory hole. This keeps both switches near each other for easy use IMO.
3)My factory switch has two connections, one is a two wire and the other a single wire connection. I disconnected the single wire from the back of the factory switch and plugged in the single female connector from the delay then plugged the male connector from delay into the wire that I removed from the back of the factory switch.
4) power and ground were easy as there was a factory screw next to the steering column that worked great for ground. And the left side of fuse block has tabs that are keyed power and the delay power wire plugged right on.

This install took less than an hour and only a couple of hand tools. that was with a test fit of all connections and function first then doing the install. I hope this helps others add a simple yet great addition to there trucks.
I couldn't have said it better myself, thank you for the install experience and most of all.....THANK YOU FOR DRIVING IN THE RAIN!
twouvakind is offline   Reply With Quote