View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
Ironhorse

Re: Radiator leaking

"IF" you want to stay original and a HUGE "IF" there may look at having your original radiator re-cored. MY BIL had the radiator re-cored on his 1957 Chevry station wagon he bought from the original owner who purchased it new in Nov, 1956. Since he is the 2nd owner he wanted to keep the '57 as original as possible. Not a cheap fix but in my opinion well worth the $$ being as he is the 2nd owner of that '57. That also retains yuor brass side tanks instead of getting plastic tanks as with some of the new radiators.

When I had to replace my truck radiator I used that as an opportunity to convert to a 4 core radiator. Takes a little bit of time and upper and lower 4 core radiator mounts but not rocket science at all. Just a thought.

Like Lee H stated you can thank the EPA for closing the radiator shops. We used to have three in this little burg, now we have ZERO ! Also EPA closed many of the local chrome shops. You can easily spend $500 & up to get a bumper re-chromed IF you can find a chrome shop that is still open.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote