View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #273
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

......ROAD TRIP....... !!!!

Thought it worth posting in Martin's thread too, as I had kept my plan to join him on this trip secret till this afternoon. Nicola says I torture my friends, like pulling the legs off spiders. (Anything that needs 8 legs cannot be right)

This week I won some travel vouchers at work which means I will be going to the USA on a truck and bike oriented road trip with mate Martin in October 2015.

Central to our trip is the weekend of 17th October when we will be in Fayetteville Arkansas for Clem's Old Truck Cruise In.

I spoke to Clem earlier tonight about Martin and I attending his party, and was told that we were now booked into his Vintage Airstream Trailers that have been converted to accommodation units on his property.

Coolest thing is that he lives in a 1950's Sinclair Gas Station.

The next weekend is the BikesBluesandBBQ.org show.

Time flies when you are having fun, and boy, we’re having fun in Northwest Arkansas! It was just a few years ago when Bikes Blues and BBQ didn’t even have a name; it was just a poker run with a BBQ grill, a blues band, and a handful of bikes at a Dickson Street Mexican restaurant (Jose’s, of course). Then it became America’s fastest growing rally, and then the world’s largest charity rally, and now suddenly, it’s been 15 years. What a ride, in every possible way. So, let’s celebrate that milestone the only way we know how – with the biggest party in this part of the country. As always, we’ll have free live music every day and night, the Stokes Air Bike Show, The BBB Car Show, stunt teams, The Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorneys “Miss BBB Contest” and “Blues Train”, the Arkansas State KCBS State BBQ Championship, Hambone Express Pig Races, the BBB Karaoke Contest, factory demo rides, hundreds of vendors, and so much more. The fact is, you’ll run out of time before you run out of things to do. But the real attraction of the rally is the multitude of great bike roads in the Ozarks region. No matter which direction you travel, you’ll find winding blue highways through spectacular scenery. Rivers, lakes, bluffs, picturesque towns, and we don’t have much in the way of straight roads. Everywhere you go,

This falls in line with Martin's 50th birthday on the 26th.

On the trip we hope to get some spares for the trucks and meet up with friends from Leander, Texas up to Tulsa, Oklahoma and a bunch of places I between.

Early days, but early planning could see us save a few pennies to spend on beer.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote