View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #305
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Update time. Well today got some electrical gremlins taken care of. I took the whole horn assembly apart at the steering wheel and found the after market plunger for the horn button was not long enough and allowing the circuit to stay grounded. I fixed it and that seemed to fix the horn. As for the brake lights, the connector for the steering column turn signal switch was jacked and not connecting the way it was supposed to. I lubed it up with some dialectic grease, checked all the wire connections and put it back together. That seemed to fix the issue. I now have brake lights. However, I may need a new turn signal switch if the connector acts up again. And finally, My gauges were working, but I could not get a reading on the temp or fuel. I pulled the gauge cluster off the dash and discovered I had the temp signal wired to the fuel gage and vise versa. Amazing, no matter how careful I am, there always seems to be a few stupid blunders like that. At least it was easy to fix. I also fired up the engine today from inside the cab. Thats was another milestone. Here is a shot of the gauge cluster all lit up at night. Blue LED's