View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #255
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

lately have not had as much time as I would like to work on my toy but have managed to get a few things done lol. First off after 45 minutes of painstaking tediousness soldering was able to change the tap shift button resistors in the gmc terrain console to match the values the Allison 6 speed requires to use the manual shift mode!! Yaaaayyyy me the dammed resistors are the side of a pin head almost but go it done. Also got a high mount passenger side air conditioning alternator compressor bracket from a Kodiak truck courteous of a junkyard in Idaho the things are freaking expensive if bought new from GM. along with that a guy on one of my facebook 8.1 engine groups supplied me with a power steering and alternator Silverado bracket assembly just this last week . also started wiring up the firewall engine compartment bulkhead assembly still got a lil more to go on it but coming out good at this point. Also got frustrated and scrapped the rebuild on the painless fuse box there just was not enough circuits to go around so shooting off in another direction with a modular assembly I found in an oldsmobile aurora car see last picture

More to come on engine progress in the next post
Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote