View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #172
JakeDW

Re: 61 Ford unibody project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
Hey Jake wasn't challenging you just have done lots of tube work with round stock ... seems to be EZ to work with vs. square.
No disrespect ... to the quality or workmanship - it just, as you mentioned, looked different than what's "typically" used. Don't make is better or worse.

Love the truck so far. As I mentioned - got me looking for another early ford p/u. It's in the driveway as soon as my outlaw 10.5 '64 2dr post Fairlane hits the bricks & is in a new owners garage!
I did not take it in a negative way at all.I already have a list of stuff I want to do different on the frame I am going to build.I think most guys that build a project learn along the way and think you know I should have done this or I wish I would have done it this way and I hope to do all the I wish I would haves on the frame project I will start.But on the other hand I really want to put some miles on the truck.

Things the frame will have different is a parallel 4 link with watts link in the rear a mustang 8.8 with centered diff.The front will have side top a arm mounts and room for 2600 bags or shock wave style bags if I can let go of the cash they cost.ect ect I would love to put a coyote motor in it also.

Maybe I just need another one to start on lol

Jake
JakeDW is offline   Reply With Quote