View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #912
special-K
Special Order

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
Tim,

Did you check out the one I looked at in Salem, VA?...

...That's the closest I've ever been to buying one, but it sure did go out of my price range pretty quick. Really enjoyed checking it over and hearing it run though.

(Although I was 2nd in line to Bill) (63 & 64 Bowties).

Bill
I totally missed that somehow. If I was a serious bidder, w/deeper pockets than I have these days, I would have bid higher. That thing could make your money back like a truck decades newer...but with only casual use. I'd keep it that color, get a nice low-boy, and get a Euclid TC12. Hey, I said if I had deeper pockets (than I've ever had)

I just came close to you last week on my way to Marietta,GA. I bought a surplus '95 K2500 Suburban from Cobb County w/120k on it. It was the Sheriff dept's K-9 unit. The fella told me it was used for Bloodhounds,so mostly sat. It got used a lot last winter to rescue stranded people out of the rare snows they got. They went out and put chunky off road tires on it you wouldn't expect to see on a gov't vehicle. I never put the Georgia & Bloodhound together and get an extra kick out of knowing that. Truly a southern truck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQQL IT View Post
Sexy beast Facebook pics credit to owner
Sexy is right! both of these last two trucks are sexy in their own way. They'd make the perfect pair for any gentleman's collection. One fine example of a dressy OTR rig and one fine example of local municipal work horse. Maryland State Roads has a tandem lowboy heavy equipment hauler in Chrome Yellow (at least 1) I see once in a blue moon. It's the flagship of the fleet IMO. They keep those (it) longer since they get less use. I think the last one was an LTL9000, but I think I saw they replaced it with a Mack.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote