View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #39
NastyBuzzard

Re: 2006 Silverado body swap/frame(chassis) swap 4.3 2wd to 4.8 4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I got mine from Alan's Wheels in Travelers Rest. He sells on ebay (and craigslist). I think he was asking $1,200 for them on ebay, but if I came and got them he'd take a grand if he could keep the wheel sensors. My truck don't need 'em, so he removed them while I was there and rebalanced them for me.

Congrats on the little guy! Throw some old used tires on it for now and keep an eye out for cool ones on Craigslist.
Yup I have seen them on craigslist. Just gotta save up some spending $$.

Been searching high and low for used tires. Can't decide on 265s or 285s though!! I just picked up 5 - 285/70 R17s today, 3 bfg A/T that 2 are runnable but have wear on outer edges and 2 fierce attitude MTs that have about 1/4 tread or so. I want my tires to at least match though, when I was going to meet the guy I was thinking they were all same style tire so I got them for $50.

Still don't think I am going to run them though.

I did score this for $40 earlier this week and put it on. Looks sooo much better!! Just hate couldn't get it in black.

I also went today and picked up two front fender flares today as well as front electric leather seats and center console from a 02 Z71.

Can't decide if I like the flares or not just yet. Still need to get the bobo metal rims off it.

OFF

ON

Thoughts? Should I find and buy some rears? Keep them black? Paint it all white?

Also where in the world is a good tutorial on putting in aftermarket stereo into one of these trucks. I understand that I have to run an alternate power wire from somewhere, constant hot or just ignition hot? Where do yall run it from? Any pics?
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote