View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
rustymarco

Re: 56 step side on 07 trailblazer chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricott View Post
First, Welcome! Looks like you have a good start to your project. Is the Envoy a V8? If so, you really are off to a good start. Check out my 1955 build on a Trailblazer frame (first link below). I started with an Inline 6 frame, so I have had to piece the V8 parts together. My truck is approximately 8 inches off the ground with full suspension travel. I used the full floorpan from the trailblazer (I plan to use the trailblazer carpet, seats, gas tank, exhaust, and anything else I can think of). You will love these engines, they make a lot of power and get relatively good gas mileage. Please post up your work, It helps us all.

Ricky
hi rick after i start with the idea i search in the web for some information and i see your project and i following it haha,is not a v8 is a 4.2 6 inline but im not looking for a race truck,and the 6 cil enough power 290 hp at 6000 rpm (yes at 6000 rpm!!) and the most important 277 of torque ,the 5.7 v8 have 300hp so is not a big difference. and i like to make this 6 cil like the original 6 inline from 1956 but i go to play with that after i finish with the body
rustymarco is offline   Reply With Quote