Thread: batteries
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
6BT 56

Re: batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
I am in the process of tossing more money in the bottomless pit of electical fun. today's wallet burner included some power cable, and that led me to wonder about batteries.

the truck is a 12v. i have space for 2 group 34 batteries. they will be responsible for cranking the cummins, grid heaters and a 12k lb capacity warn as the main heavy loads.

i am currently(no pun, well maybe) considering Deka intimidator, and the Odyessy performance series. the Odyessy offers a better CCA and a bigger price tag. i dont have any personal experience with these. i do have a Deka in my yellow truck that has performed very well for me, but it is a bit of a different animal than my project truck.

so, what does everyone have to say? experience with either of the listed units, or favorites that perform well for you? i will not be running optimas. i am open to opinions on other brands, but i am looking for an AGM battery.

Thanks!

We go thru batts in the new boats like you can't imagine. Owners are afraid to shut anything off so they constantly leave chargers on and boil em dry . I say no to optima . Have never seen one go more than 2 years . Most faults are batts with internal dead shorts . I say yes to agm for sure . Don't want any stray acid after you have done as much work as you have . We have had our service calls drop by 60 percent since switch to agm. We use east penn batts which are a deka product I believe . Looks to me like you are on the right track. Carry on.
New 2018 ram 3500 drw 4x4. Makes my 2005 Look as if it's been running on 4 cyl since new !
My Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556908
6BT 56 is offline   Reply With Quote