Thread: Carbureted ls
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
homemade87

Re: Carbureted ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
hello to all. I have a lq4/th400 with an aftermarket camshaft, springs, and push rods. the problem I have with carbed msd setup is that I don't know how much is left on the table when it comes to tuning/driving my setup. even though it feels fine, I haven't learned the how to set my timing/advance up to go with the camshaft. the engine wont stay crunk with the fuel injection set up. the pcm wont compensate fuel, air, and spark for the aggressive ness of the camshaft. I was told I need to have it tuned prior to me driving it. I hope someone can chime in and tell me where to start. the specs of my cam are
.588I/.588:112centerline:228I/228. the carb I use is holley 750 with vacuum secondary (3310)
I have a carbed ls2/ls3 top end and love it . It is a screamer . There is no difference in tuning a carb from one to another . Each engine takes a little different tune from the carb . Your best friend is a air fuel ratio gauge. Just cant get it right with out one . You will be shooting in the dark. As for the msd box . The best way is to learn the program and hook up your lap top so you can custom tune . Also adding a map sensor will help part throttle cruise and also help quality of idle . You can always just use the pills that come with it but you will not get the most from you engine either . ls1tech has a carb section with some sticky's that has some good info to get you started . There is a little more to it because of the msd box but it does the same old stuff as the old school tuning method just in a different way . Take the time to lean it and you will love your carb .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote