View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #320
clemdaddy

Re: tilly to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I am asking more than adding a comment about the engine conversion.

Since the SPID notes the "Z20EA Engine Conversion", would that mean that it was done at the factory and not at the dealer? Or were the SPID's applied by the dealer back then? Could the Z20EA option be dealer installed parts that were shipped with the truck from the factory?

Let us know what you find out on this....
date code is right for truck 'june 65'. the vin is not on the front block ledge, it reads 'MK20 800" which is weird. there is not a crankcase vent in back, which may be the 'pos vent' on the spid. the truck has a 4 barrel carb that i don't think the normal 327 option had. and no paper work on a dealer installed engine. so, the mystery continues... po said this is the original motor to this truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
You come up with the coolest trucks
thanks jeff, i dying to keep this one and keep the original paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
x2, glad to see tilley back out. you wouldn't happen to know what the paint code is for that silver would you?
yeah, me too on tilly, will post up some pics this week. on the silver color, all i know is whats on the build sheet and spid. i haven't seen many silver trucks but i like it.

[quote=sodly;6971509]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I am asking more than adding a comment about the engine conversion.

Since the SPID notes the "Z20EA Engine Conversion", would that mean that it was done at the factory and not at the dealer? Or were the SPID's applied by the dealer back then? Could the Z20EA option be dealer installed parts that were shipped with the truck from the factory?

I believe the "Engine Conversion" refers to emission equipment applied at the factory for CA trucks.
you're probably right on the emission parts though the manifolds have definitely been changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
Congrats on the new truck!
thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I saw the first pic of the new truck and all I could think of was, man old trucks have a really cool smell to them....
Makes me look forward to starting another one.

Congrats, hope your holidays are going great sir !!
the fragrance industry needs to copy that smell and sell it as a womens perfume. it would attract car guys better than that flowery smell they now use.
thanks murph and glad you're back. following your escapades...
clemdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote