View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:56 PM   #440
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Sr View Post
Now that's a nice tool!!!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to using it to planish welds. I'm thinking it'll be much quicker than holding the dolly and hoping the panel didn't move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Hilde View Post
Hmmmm? I think I know what you meant.

LOL, he does build nice equipment
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jimi View Post
Your build looks killer! I'm wondering what you are using for seam sealer? Thanks!!
Couple years ago I started using Eastwood brush on seam sealer, it was OK. For the bottom and top of the floor I've been using Lord Fusor (stole that research from Frizzle Fry), and I'm very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
jimi, I used a couple different brands of seam sealer. You can find them on ebay. One was from TP tools, if you haven't heard of them, they have alot of great stuff. There is an epoxy based and just a cheaper rubber based. The epoxy base is really stiff when dry and is more money. Rubber based was ok, esp for the price.

Bluejeep, I might have to steal your awesome pedestal idea!
Steal away! I'm posting pics hoping it'll spark someone else to get a good idea of something I can steal back in the future!

It gets better, more attachments! A chunk of this should be handy:

And one of these should be useful:

Added some supports and some attachment holders, so it is self-contained:

If you couldn't tell, I'm just making tools out of heavy metal objects I've collected. The only "purchased" components here were the sand bag, wheels, and the Harbor Freight dollies, of which I welded a piece of 1" solid rod to to make post dollies. The rest was steel, most of which I had lying around.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote