View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #34
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: 95 2 door Yukon original 5 speed

little update on what's been going on.

The Yukon is in the garage for a little service and upgrade time. No major upgrades, but probably going to go through some major service and repairs

First upgrade is creature comfort. When we moved from Colorado I listened to the speaker on my cell phone the whole trip. This is because I had replaced a burnt out aftermarket head unit with a 2002 CD player that would go mute randomly and then randomly come back on at full volume. So I have been piecing together enough parts to build a factory tape player like it originally had: but with a twist. the internet has a few how to's on hooking up an aux jack, so I put my own twist on it for version 1.0. the 1/8" jack is in the mail, so more to come on that. I am going to tie into the factory auxiliary jack for a cleaner look rather than the jack being on the face plate or (even though it will be unseen) an extra harness out the back.

I added a Vortec oil fill neck also. Less messy

I have a few coolant leaks to take care of. One is my heater valve, which is something that I guess is unique to the 2 door SUV's. I'd like to retain it, but this is the second one that has started leaking. And then the notorious heater hose quick disconnect...

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote