View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #2696
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "What was I Thinking" 68 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubbs View Post
Can't go wrong with a ls swap. Truck is looking killer!!!
Thanks I figured the truck won't be done anytime soon so I might as well go ahead and do the LS swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Keith your cab is looking awesome! Nice work!
Thanks Scott I should be getting back on it Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeleeshields View Post
Looks good Keith. I've been thinkin about a motor swap also. May wait till next winter
I have to re-do my exhaust and fuel lines for the dropmembers anyway so now is the perfect time to swap motors and get a little more modern. I had a 454/TH400 in my 72 and it is no comparison to the 5.3 in my 2013 GMC. This is what sold me on finally pulling the trigger on the swap. The 454 sounded better then my 5.3 does but I'll fix that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh View Post
Hey Keith, looks like I've missed out on some changes in the last couple months going to be an awesome truck when it's finished.
Thanks Jason, you haven't missed much, I'm still just working on the cab getting it ready for paint. Oh and I decided to swap drivetrains

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeTx67 View Post
I know the truck intakes aren't pretty but they perform a little better on the torque side. I have a truck intake on mine with a engine cover and it doesn't look to horrible lol. You could just forget about the intake all together and bolt a blower on top
I thought about swapping to the Trailblazer SS intake with the engine cover you have but I always liked the way the car intakes looked and my dropmember moves the motor up so I didn't want to run into any hood clearance issues. I wish I could do a blower but that is way out of my ballpark

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote