View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #1298
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Dude, Go buy a lotto ticket!!!

Great to see things are looking up finally.

One question.
Since you're going to do a bunch of frame/tube bending have you kicked around the idea of building the whole enchilada from scratch?
You totally have the skillz to do it.
Not really. I'm not that much of a glutten for punishment. I have too many project ideas yet to build after this or along side it.

The cage will be fairly simple in design, probably 8 point. Just adding strength and rigidity, not building a race truck. My goal is to make it how I want and minimize the downtime. I've actually done pretty well against the "might as wells" over the years. I have a vision for what I want and tend to stick with it. This project has evolved but for the most part, at each stage I kept to the original idea, completed it, then moved on to the next idea.

This is my mule. My test bed for trying new things and ideas. Do I need a super whammidyne front suspension with race bred shock technology for driving the county roads out here on the prairie? Hell no, but I want to build it anyway. Even if all I ever do is jump ditches and not dunes, I don't care. That's not the point.

The point will be that I had something to do in the garage, I made an idea come to life, I used it as an excuse to get my TIG welder stuff and back to doing that, and doing this front end will push me to do the rear, and do other mods with the drivetrain and have the opportunity to maybe someday use it to run a dry river bed and jump a dune.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote