Thread: Carbureted ls
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #23
aod92

Re: Carbureted ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
To aod92, well it's very simple to run a LSx with a carburetor. Very easy. In my case, my lq4 has a few mods, ported heads, medium sized cam, aftermarket springs and pushrods. With the stock, reflashed pcm(lt1swap.com), the pcm can't properly run my engine. That's where the smart guy comes in. The tuner will read this information from engine through PCM and make changes such to the fuel trims, read data from O2 sensors, adjust timing, idle, and adjust some other stuff I don't know about. Good tuners can make a stock 5.3(lm7), run great. I'm talking 350/hp good. In Miami Florida, I couldn't find that good tuner to make the right adjustments to the carburetor, and adjust the timing curve through the msd box. Remember my lq4 isn't stock. In my case, the carburetor made the motor run, but not great. after I tinkered with it, to get better results, my lack of experience with a carburetor just couldn't get the health lq4 to run great. The lq4 booged most of the time and seamed pig rich. In my case it ran ok, but not great. In most cases, once the PCM is tuned & set up from the PCM readings, the info will be saved to the PCM and the engine will run as it was intended too. Great. I just couldn't get there with a carburetor. If you know your around a carburetor, and you are willing to play around with msd box & pills you may get what I missed. I'm very impatient and ready to start enjoying my truck. I want to get everything working as it should so I can enjoy my rat rod. Good luck. If you need help. any help, pm me and help any way I can. Good luck. 2015. Enjoy your truck.
Thank you very much!
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote