Thread: Carbureted ls
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 12:50 AM   #25
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Re: Carbureted ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiChallenger71 View Post
Any measurement would help. Valley plate to carb flange, valley plate to top of carb etc. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much taller a carb an intake would be over the truck intake.

I have measurements for a regular SBC in an x-frame (buddys car) and I believe the LS is approximatley 1" taller.
A carb'ed sbc fits great under the stock hood (duh they came from the factory). If the LS with a carb comes close to the sbc I will go carb because its easier and cheaper for me. I have a lot of experience with carbs. If i stay FI its going to be a lot more expensive by the time i have a dyno tune done etc. I HAVE to keep the factory hood so thats my limitation.
You have to love this....colder than he!! in my spot in Illinios...BRR! I have an Edelbrock top(intake/carb), & she measures 8" even, from the valley/straight edge on the carb, right where the AF sits down? You need to add2 3/4-3" clearance, for the air filter(minimum) Also, where that engine sits in your ride, may be different? Got pics on that 59? Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote