View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 12:52 AM   #48
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tune_1 View Post
Hate to hear the news on the pickup but I am glad to see the thread on the 57. I enjoy watching how you approach and solve problems. Good instruction. Dwight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty 46 View Post
OK Vic ... I'm game. The 300 '57 is on my list of one of the best looking cars EVER. I've always had an affection for post cars ... having had 3 chevy 2 sedans & 2 Fairlane sedans. I am also on a trek to complete my '64 fairlane right now. It's a bit more race carish with a complete tube frame, struct front & 4 link rear but plans are for street duty. I'll follow along. R 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Found the link and subscribed! Thats one sweet project!
Thanks, guys! Great to have you along for the ride.

The firewall was fairly complete, so I moved around the corners and cleaned up the cowl areas below the A-pillars. To make room for the Vintage Air suitcase, I had to remove the rain gutter area of the cowl. This left a large area open adjacent to the windshield wipers. I welded in patches to close it up as well as the rain channel ports on both sides of the cowl. No water allowed inside. After the bodywork was done on the entire cowl / firewall I applied sound deadener to the underside of the roof. This helped quite a bit while doing bodywork on the roof. By now it is mid 2006 and I was about ready to drop the body back on again to finish the trunk area and exhaust hangers.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote