View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 10:52 PM   #1583
VWNate1

Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

I've finally been making progress on my '77 292 engine project ~ I've been ordering parts here & there , the new STD. (yay) pistons <vanished> 12/29 when they were dropped off @ FedEx in Kentucky , no tracking blah blahblah , they showed up on my door step this afternoon ~ I'm pleased .

Sealed Power brand , now made in India of all places ~ I've seen some really sketchy metallurgy from India in the past so we'll see , they all look just fine , I have one in my car right now , as soon as I can I'll zip it out to The Valley and have a set of gapless piston rings made up for them .

Picked up my rebuilt connecting rods from the Machine Shop last night and the Machinist Miked my crank shaft's bearing journals ~ as I'd thought , it's STANDARD and *PERFECT* . so I found a set of main & rod bearings for $51 delivered , then to - day I ordered up a complete overhaul gasket kit and a water pump.....

Progress at long last ! .

I'd begun cleaning up the old 250 C.I.D. engine because I didn't think the 292 would be ready in time to go in , we'll see .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH