View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 12:43 AM   #72
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
I love 57 fords! This one is looking real smooth just like you want. I'm in for this
Thanks, good to have you along!

After finishing up the headers, I tinkered around with the interior and the doors. When I bought the car it came with two instrument clusters. I gutted one and with some help from my machinist mentor, Bruce Wilson, I modified the housing and built an insert to hold a complement of VDO gauges. Like a lot of my parts, it sat in a box for years. Finally though, I settled on the look I wanted and covered it with a carbon fiber print vinyl I found online. Made inserts for the dash to hold the radio and a/c vents but they still need some more engineering. I also started the process of laying down the sound deadener.

Fitted the doors with power windows and shaved the door handles and lock assemblies. Still need to finish installing the pop locks. Revised the floor shifter and steering column, finalized the fuel system and modified the core support for the larger aluminum radiator. Lots of other things have happened as well ...converting the wipers to electric, throttle linkage to cable style and relocating the battery to the trunk.

In May of 2011, I purchased the 68 Stepside. By July, I couldn't hold off any longer and began a year and half frame off build. Needless to say, the Ford project was once again shelved. After finishing the silver truck, I assembled the front clip for the Ford and set it in place for the first time in over twenty years. Then along came CRLS and once again the Ford took a back seat.

Fast forward to Jan 1, 2015 and welcome to the final push. We need to be rolling in five months, so hang on.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote