View Single Post
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #1934
VWNate1

Post Re : A Little Help

O.K. your ' buddy ' is a typical jerkhoff , unlike the good folks here on this forum .

I'll take the liberty of assuming you've got a 350 V-8 and TH350 slushbox tranny , right ? .

I already know a good place to do your carby , that's all they do is carbys .

First however , it'll need a proper & comprehensive tune up and add a GM HEI dizzy , nothing fancy nor Chinese , just a nice rebuilt stock one and AC / DELCO Parts House can get you for about $125 .

Just begin searching and asking for a 1975 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup 350 V-8 dizzy , ignire the chrome and " !! RACING !! TOTALLY KEWEL !!! crap , those are all tossers selling junk you don't need / want .

Are you up to installing the spark plugs your ownself ? . if so we/I can walk you through the basics , then have a place do the dizzy install and carby rebuild .

I know a good honest mechanic in Pasadena , on Colorado Blvd. if you just want to drive & drop it off .

Being a Journeyman Mechanic this goes against my grain but I'll help you however you want to go here , shouldn't need mondo $ to get your rig running sweetly .

Funny thing how when others need help you're a good buddy but if you need a ride to the parts store , suddenly they're too busy of forget your name .

It's not like that here ~ you ask , we help , simple as that .

If you want me to look up the dizzy , say so , I have (had anyway) the AC/DELCO parts catalogs in my links so I ko0w how to use it and what are the right parts to get .

'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH