View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #1954
InitialBoss

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
ATF coming out the filler tube ? that's a new one on me , have you checked the tranny fluid level when it's HOT , truck idling on a *perfectly* flat and level place ? .

Off hand I'd say you need a new Mechanic .

As much as I love old Chevy trucks , this may not be a good choice for a working /towing vehicle as you're not a Mechanic and any 36 year old truck is going to need fairly constant fiddling to make it a reliable daily driver .

I'd love to have found it a few years ago when I needed a I6 powered automatic short bed .
Ha ha, yeah, this guy is good with repairing brakes and stuff but with other things, I wish I knew of another mechanic. It's weird because it wasn't leaking at all and hasn't been driven too much but it is old and seals wear out. Then all of a sudden I noticed a lot more drips and signs of liquid underneath it and on the cardboard. I'll check the level again when the ATF is warmed up sufficiently. I just remember seeing a little bit of the stain under the hood about 2 months ago. Then last Saturday, I noticed there was quite a bit more. The oil level is showing full, so I'm thinking that's ok.

I don't know why but for some reason, I wish the truck also came with a tach. LOL. I don't really need it I guess but it seems to be naked without it. Ha ha.