View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #167
slowcpe

Re: '67 Stepper "Laymond"

No progress on the truck as its been too cold and I'm too cheap to spend a small fortune in kerosene to keep the garage up to temp. I've been doing a lot more research and just about to make a decision on how I'm going to do the front suspension. I've nixed the Mild Rear Notch at I don't feel like re-buying everything, adds way to much money and wait time on the project, and I really dig the stance of Stella.

I'm still torn on the front but pending a response from Rob at No-Limit will help determine which route I go.

Option 1:

PB Mild Dropmember, control arms, and their R&P kit. Really like this idea, like the idea of all new components and LOVE their product and customer service. The downsides are the steering linkage, limits header options (no long-tubes I don't think), have to purchase a different steering column, wait time and of course cost.

Option 2:

Stock crossmember, PBs forward control arms, and No-Limits R&P. Like it for the ability to run long-tubes (I think), simplicity, and cost (save roughly $1500 that can be used towards other parts). I've got an email to Rob seeing his experience with this setup. The two biggest issues I find with going this route is cutting a hole in the frame for the steering shaft and potential clearance issues with the rack, control arms and sway bar.

I've decided to ditch the Torquer V3 cam and go with either a BTR Stage 3 or 4 cam. Seems like a much better option. Working on a deal right now to pick up a set of 243/799 head that I will have milled and cleaned up.

I also picked up this vintage cooler today at a local antique shop. I saw it in a CL add a few weeks ago and finally got a chance swing by. Funny thing is my dad used to call me "Buddy" when I was growing up. Absolutely hated it then but now that I'm older think its kind of cool. Seeing that sealed the deal for me as he's been gone for nearly 9 years.

1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote