View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 AM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whats the next "67 to 72"??

The 100th anniversary Chevys will be collectible, but something about those '23-'27s has set them apart from the get-go.

In 2035 all the Dodges will be gone and the Cummins in the Chevys & GMCs!

it's a fact that the 88-98s already are, and have been, a special segment of GM truck that carries an appeal not too unlike what made the 67-72s what they've been since they were made. I've always liked the early trucks and '72 was as modern as a truck ever had to get, while remaining that simple old Chevy. That stayed true for decades, in my mind, and their age then started adding to their appeal. By then the 88-98s were out and they sure seemed a huge step away from a real truck at the time. But, I did see them as GM looking farther ahead. Now looking back, they sure were looking ahead. Now, they seem as modern as a truck needs to be for today, and have a classic appeal. They also have a clean no BS style that stands the test of time and are much more simple to work on than what followed. One good thing is there has always been great parts support for these.

In the future some things will never change. You will always see older GM trucks being loved and fixed up, as always.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~