View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #106
MattPSU

Re: Crocodile Rocks Build Thread

I invited my buddies Paul and Clay over, and before you knew it, the engine and transmission were in their new home!

I finally started it for the first time last night. With no water and no exhaust I didn't want to run it real long, but she fired up (once I figured out my filter was hooked up wrong) and ran a minute or so.

Lots more to do before I can hit the road with it. Mark and I still need to finish the fenders, it needs a drive shaft, exhaust and an air intake & filter, but I can see the short term finish line at the moment.

Needless to say, even though I've done a lot of this work by myself, I couldn't do any of it without the help of so many people. Paul has been a huge help every step of the way. Ed & Tommy have helped me with welding stuff, Clay, Shawn, Kevin and Derrick with LS swap stuff, Heath and Chris with everything really, and so many others from the truck club who have offered input and feedback along the way. I'm sure I missed someone. Plus Pro Performance and Tommy's Pickup Parts have been my go to source for most all of the parts. And of course, without my wife Missy, none of it would be possible!
Attached Images

1972 Chevy Cheyenne SWB - Build: Porterbuilt State 1 Front & Rear, Bolt in Notch, McGaughys 2.5 Drop Spindles, Boyd Welding Fuel Tank

UPSTATE SC GM TRUCK CLUB: FACEBOOK WEBSITE
MattPSU is offline   Reply With Quote