View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #61
leftybass209

Re: Whats the next "67 to 72"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
The HHR was hugely successful on many fronts. They sold almost a half million of them over a 6 year production run. How many "specialty vehicles" can claim numbers like that?

Add to that almost 9,000 SS models over 3 years and you have a quite successful model line.

Try to find an HHR SS for short money these days. If it's in decent shape, you are paying a handsome sum for it... If you can even find one. And finding an HHR SS panel that someone is willing to part with, is almost as rare as a unicorn.

I would almost say that is going to be one of the great collector cars of the future
The HHR is on a doomed platform that won't survive another 6-10 years. It's based on a Chevrolet Cobalt chassis, and has many recall issues, and issues that GM refused to fix. I know because I own one. Here in CA the HHR isn't special in any form, and regularly see declining sales prices depending on the mileage and if it's a dealer sale. Being an initial sales success and an enduring classic are two vastly different things.