View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
SFBay69

Re: C-10's at Barret Jackson

I'm a total waste for even barging in here by saying "I'm building a 69" with zero pictures AND this is my first post ever BUT...is using certain features from other year trucks on the year you own really frowned upon?! I have a 69 but went with 5 lugs axles/hubs, 71-72 mirrors, and added stainless trim to the windshield and rear window. They all "look" factory and were done with genuine GM stuff as much as possible. I love the design and look of these trucks so much but liked certain things from certain years/trims so I put together some, what I thought, tasteful options. I mean I've seen hundreds of 67-68 front clips on 69-72 trucks and I think it's great. I think that 69 at auction, with 71-72 grille/bumper, looks great! My truck is a factory SWB fleet with a 350/3 ott. I bought the 290hp 350 to keep the older valve cover bolt locations and put a 700R4 for better drivability. Am I "that guy"? I would think the wild c notch/bag/shaved everything crowd would get more heat. I think all the ways we do these trucks up is a positive thing. They are truly the most beautiful trucks ever built and there are some great minds out there exploiting that.
SFBay69 is offline   Reply With Quote