View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 AM   #18
68shortwide

Re: C-10's at Barret Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBay69 View Post
I'm a total waste for even barging in here by saying "I'm building a 69" with zero pictures AND this is my first post ever BUT...is using certain features from other year trucks on the year you own really frowned upon?! I have a 69 but went with 5 lugs axles/hubs, 71-72 mirrors, and added stainless trim to the windshield and rear window. They all "look" factory and were done with genuine GM stuff as much as possible. I love the design and look of these trucks so much but liked certain things from certain years/trims so I put together some, what I thought, tasteful options. I mean I've seen hundreds of 67-68 front clips on 69-72 trucks and I think it's great. I think that 69 at auction, with 71-72 grille/bumper, looks great! My truck is a factory SWB fleet with a 350/3 ott. I bought the 290hp 350 to keep the older valve cover bolt locations and put a 700R4 for better drivability. Am I "that guy"? I would think the wild c notch/bag/shaved everything crowd would get more heat. I think all the ways we do these trucks up is a positive thing. They are truly the most beautiful trucks ever built and there are some great minds out there exploiting that.
Excellent first post. I'm kinda in the same boat, 1968 truck. Shaved 68 clip and bed, 72 cab, 69 doors, late model gm buckets, gm rallys, and an ls. Still all gm but with what I like from alot of different years. And again excellent first post, some are purists, some aren't, like us, and go with what fit our wants and needs and those didn't come factory.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote