View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #400
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

So I am nearing the finish line of my debt free plan. I am not sure if I am more excited about no more bills or the fact that I can start working on the Blazer again! Either way it was definitely worth the wait.

Since I am starting to save up money to get the project back on track I am trying to nail down a few details before buying parts. I have decided that I am going to go with a crate engine. Nothing fancy, just a GM replacement engine. Unless someone suggests a better vendor I have decided to get my engine from Jegs. They seem to have the best prices on GM factory replacement crate engines. A year or two ago when I went on their site they had a GM replacement engine from 1969-76. Now when I look up their engines it appears as though they are not offering that engine anymore. The closest thing that I can find is a factory 1973-85 replacement engine.

Here is my question to anyone who is reading this thread that is familiar with GM crate engines. I want my engine to appear completely stock and I want to use all original components. Does anyone know if the GM 1973-85 Factory replacement engine will allow all of the original 1972 brackets to bolt up to it? I would hate to get this engine only to find out non of my original brackets work. The engine I am talking about is Jegs parts # 809-10067353

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote