View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #145
torchlight

Re: Marvin (1953 3100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
When you can, please grab some pictures of the electrical work under the seat.
Will do! Probably later this week or next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
I'm curious to see what you do with the ignition coils. Are you mounting the ignition box on the intake?
The coils will be hidden using two-piece valve covers. The passenger side valve cover that is shown only has one of the two pieces installed - the actual valve cover. Then the coils go on top of that, and then there's a cover piece that goes over the coils to hide them. Pretty slick. The drivers side has both pieces installed, but its hard to see because its all covered up with painters tape to protect the finish from dings/scratches (polished aluminum).

For the ignition box - I'm not using the MSD box that comes with that Edelbrock intake. I'm using a FAST product called "EZ-LS" that will drive the coils. This will integrate really nicely with the EZ-EFI fuel system and the EZ-TCU transmission controller - all three computers will connect to each other and talk to each other. The EZ-LS computer will be mounted under the bench seat in the cab. It is funny you mention mounting the ignition box on the intake. One of the first things I noticed when the intake was painted and installed for the first time is that mounting support for the ignition box that is sticking out right in the front and center. Hate to create more work, but it has been bugging me, so I think it is going to have to be ground off and repainted. I'm really fortunate that the body shop guys have a lot of patience with me haha!