View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #16
c10vortec

Re: 72 C10 winter budget build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogshooter View Post
Great start, you have coverred alot of ground in a hurry!
Thank you, I was in a race against time to finish the suspension before my break was over. I had hoped to get the frame cut but didn't quite make it in 6 weeks. I do have solid plans with our welder for saturday, so it should be another big day! After that progress will probably slow some. I'm trying to get the truck back on the road before the semester is over though.

As I got the front end assembled we made another stop by our mechanic's place and found his unused, rough and rusty short bed for a 67. He is building a LQ9 swap to sell and wants all new sheet metal. I handed him $100 and took the old bed off of his hands. It's not pretty, and the wood floor is rotted, but I will clean It up some before the install. I'll get better pics of it this weekend now that It is at our place.
Name:  IMG_0813.jpg
Views: 2177
Size:  64.8 KB
even though it lacks the correct trim mounts and side marker light holes, I needed a bed to drive it again. For the final plans we are considering the SoKyClassics kit. At $2300 it's not in the cards just yet.

The most recent update I have is removing the cab, this took place last Thursday. With the help of the tractor and another friend of mine, we removed the cab in about 30 minutes. The hard part was making sure everything was disconnected.

Name:  IMG_0857.jpg
Views: 2187
Size:  62.6 KB
I have had one fitment issue with the drop spindles, they hit the wheel balancing weights. Before we could make a decision we just pulled the truck out with our skidsteer and set it back on the jackstands
Name:  IMG_0858.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  60.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0861.jpg
Views: 2151
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0863.jpg
Views: 2144
Size:  64.6 KB

-2004 Chevy 1500 swb daily driver
c10vortec is offline   Reply With Quote