View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #191
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Well that last post was kind of confusing but maybe these pics will help give a clear view of what I was trying accomplish. Once I had all the nuts welded, it was just a matter of re-assembling everything onto the seat and then setting the seat back onto the riser. This is where the tack welds came into play. Once I had the seat back in place I needed to be able to keep the lower brackets in place while I removed the seat again. I needed to take the seat back out so I could mount the lower brackets to the filler plates. So as I said I just shot some tack welds down to holed them in place. Then I drilled 4 holes in each bracket to hold it in place on the filler plate with 9/16ths bolts
[/URL]
And here is the final mounting assembly all mounted down without the seat.

So to review class, once the truck goes back together the top bracket will be mounted to the underside of the seat. All you have to do is set the seat in place over the riser and align the 3 holes on each side and bolt it together with 9/16ths bolts tightened against the welded nuts.

Well the bottom of the seat doesn't flip up, but at least the back folds forward somewhat!
[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote