View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #114
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

Re: 67 Cougar restification

Damn, its been a while since I updated this thread... weather has been nasty enough that I dont spend as much time on the Panther as I want. We had an oak tree come down on the house last month during a wind storm so I've been dealing with the clean up and repair from that B.S. sandwich.

Now that the drive train is pretty much installed and ready to go, I decided to turn my attention towards the inside. Cougars do not have an aftermarket following and some pieces, mainly body panels and interior parts just are not available or at least attainable on my budget. I tried restoring the Full size Cougar door panels by installing the original vinyl over new backer boards and then dying them black to match the rest of the interior. They looked... well... like crap. I decided I really liked the deluxe panels from the 67 Mustang, but the Mustang interior door panels are mainly steel with an insert.

Decided to section the Mustang doors I had laying in the bone pile and graft the inner steel to the Cougar doors. Then I installed Electric Life power regulators and topped it all off with 63 T-bird switches that neatly filled the window crank hole. I will be installing console mounted switches as well so I can control the passengers window as well. Their will be a brushed aluminum insert riveted to the new TMI door panels as well as the finned Shelby kick panel.

The 67-68 Mustangs and Cougars had the slide style wiper switch mounted above the speedo. Probably the worst design decision ever, hard to reach and impossible to work into a shaved dash. I deleted that switch and will be installing a delay rotary switch in the ignition switch recess. The ignition and security is being handled by a bluetooth setup and push button start. Yup, there is now an app for that.
screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote