View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 03:53 AM   #1691
texjake

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscs94 View Post
Attachment 1356197

You won't believe how easy this is to do. First thing is to make sure you are doing it somewhere that it won't splash on something you don't want ruined. Of course wear eye protection & gloves. For me I used an old bucket I had in the garage. Then you get aircraft remover I bought mine from autozone and pour it in the bucket. Let them soak for a couple of minutes and start using the 0000 steal wool. You can do it without the aircraft remover but it will take some elbow grease and hard to get all the corners. Rinse thoroughly & that's it. I spent probably 10 minutes on all of them combined. Bought new 2.5" GMC Center stickers off eBay. Member PT''S 70 CST also sells them on parts page. Just peel back the paper on the sticker & center it. I didn't remove the old bow tie on mine just placed it over it. It sticks really well. [ATTACH]1356197
Those look great! Are those the original metal center caps & not the plastic chromed ones? My metal ones that I took off are in the storeroom & I bought some plastic chromed ones off eBay that came with the center stickers, just beware, I had two of the center stickers come off, Luckily I found one that had fallen off & I glued it back on with some body trim adhesive, so far no problems with it falling off. Looks like it's time for me to clean up the old metal ones & replace those plastics ones. Thanks for the tip!
Attached Images