View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
Kim57

Re: Thinking of going Solar

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I'll consider it when I look up at roofs and see it as the norm. I've had several companies present their case to me, and I'm still not sold on it. I'm right next door to you in Riverside with municipal utilities and my electric bill is not high enough to justify the cost either by leasing or purchasing. Is Corona on Edison?
Yes we're on Edison. We get into tier 3 and tier 4 regularly which drives the price way up. The system I'm getting will hopefully eliminate Edison completely.
There are all ready six of my neighbors with it and it's becoming pretty common around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Don't forget to consider future rate hikes in your calculations. It's like buying vs renting a home, it gets cheaper with time (relative). I heat my house with wood, which gives a similar feeling of independence. Making my house as warm as I want has no effect on a bill. It's my own heat that I made.
I should save at least a $100.00 a month when they get my system up and running and with the proposed rate increases it will only get better.
Kim