View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 03:59 PM   #211
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Well, it took a bit longer to get back at it....
Today I got the IRS measured in, and figured out how I want to do it.

First got the truck at static rideheight

It looks a bit high, but I solve that when all parts are in. It's now 3,5 inch lower as it was. I want it a bit lower than that.
I set the static height at the Jag stock height, under the frontend you've then got 6 3/4", from there I set the frame level and measured the height of the IRS.

I measured the height of the low profiles under the bed, so that I know how much I can come up with the IRS without modifying the bed.

The yellow level is where the underside of the bedprofile sits.

This way I can mount the IRS a bit higher in the frame, so the truck comes down, easy does it

I will make a "H" in between the framerails where I mount the diff at two angled pieces, so that I can set the pinionangle.
Does it make sence??

The front X-member looks like this, I grind it in so it fits around the framerail, the other one gets the same threathment.
To get the back x-member in I had to take out the shockmounts x-member.

When this all fits the way I thought, I tack it together and measure a few times more, put the driveshaft in and try to get the engine at its place.
If that all goes to plan, I can weld the pieces together.
Then I have to find a place to mount the shocks...
If I set them angled to the inside, I must modify the framerail at the lower-inside, or I can mount them at the outside of the frame....any suggestions?

When you read this and you have any tips to do it different or in a better way, please say so.
I learn from critics, and I'm sure I'm not the only one

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote