View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #62
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 64 BBW Short Fleet

Have been making progress. I got the new inside wiring harness in, and then truck wouldn't run, nor did I have headlights/front park lights and permanent lights on in the rear. Took a while to trace it out (had to leave it sit a few days or I was going to use up a lot of ammo), but turns out the headlight switch was wired wrong on the new harness. (red & green wires reversed) So the hot feed was going to the wrong terminal. Got all that figured out. Good to hear the old girl roar again.

I decided that I wanted to get rid of the one-pice column and put in one from a 67-72 era trucks. Folks put in the tilt columns all the time, so I figured a regular column would work too. Today I went to work on changing out the columns. I picked up a super good floor-shift column (thanks heehawracing) from a 69 C10. So out came the old chest stabber. Pain in the butt to me. I can't remember the last time I Pulled a 1-piece column. You can see where they attempted a fix on the column (didn't work very well). Got the new column and intermediate shaft setting in just to make sure it would work (and it does/will). So I'll finish the install and mate the new column turn signal wires to my old connectors.

Then its on to finish the speaker bracket for the front speakers.

Oh yeah, the 2 speed wiper motor conversion kit from Brothers works great, and soon as I get the $ saved up I'll get the switch that will also make them intermittent!
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote