View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:22 PM   #217
RockinKees

Re: Dutch '59 Fleetside Longbed

Quote:
Kim57

I've got to say it's looking good.

Kim
Thanks Kim, appreciate you saying that!!

Quote:
reaper71

Angled inside would be just fine....just beware of clearance for the exhaust, if you plan on running over the axle.
The outside may be a bit better choice, again be aware of clearance for the bed..

Mark..
Mark, the bed isn't in the way of things, thats above it all, exhaust is a problem that will be solved later...

Quote:
bogape

You're getting on really well here. Puts me to shame, but I have started on mine.
I was thinking when i install my Jag IRS i would not put the diff too high as i don't want to notch the frame rails but want to have the truck low with some travel. Perhaps it doesn't matter that much as the IRS allows a lot more travel than a live axle with the pivot point being so close to the frame rail.
Thanks! You don't need to notch the frame if you don't want a slammed truck. It will be lower but not that much. The IRS has about 4,5 inch travel.
You mean the pivot point at the diff side of the LCA? That is about 10 inch from the frame.
And you also make sure you make a build thread!!

Quote:
1958Warrior

Glad to see you felling better ,pace yourself so not to make me look too bad.

Looking good so far , interested in seeing how the IRS goes in.
Thanks! When I'm feeling good, I'm at the right speed
I don't mean to make you look bad...you have to work a little faster to keep up

I went to see how it will turn out, both ways, regarding the shocks.
OneOffStroker, you are right about binding.

The Jag-angle is 70 degrees to the inside, I think I can put them at 65-60 degrees with a little grinding in the lower framerails. If I grind about one inch out, I should be able to mount the shocks at that angle. If I box that section, it must be good?

I took some pics of it, but forgot to take back my camera

1959 Chevy Fleetside Longbed
My build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=643426
Kool Guyz CC
Instagram: _King_Kustom_
RockinKees is offline   Reply With Quote