Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:37 AM   #504
rich weyand

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
Rich believe you me, I fully intended to use full manifold vacuum (I may have even remembered an old post of yours) but when I looked at the Holley glossy page color instructions they showed three vacuum sources on the carb:

1. Full Manifold Vacuum source (Pump diverter valve or cruise control)

2. Full Manifold Vacuum Port (Power Brake or PCV)

3. Timed spark vacuum source (To distributor vacuum advance)
~ this be the one they skierd me into using ~

I just went back to look at my instructions again and that don't even look like my carburetor none, take a look at what would be page 3 (had they even numbered their pages)

http://documents.holley.com/199r10416rev.pdf

All in all I totally agree with you and will change my vacuum connection, thank you very much for your time to write down that advice.
Huh. I thought I had found the correct instruction sheet for yours. Ah, well.

OK, so you have the brake booster hooked to the manifold. That's good.

Looks like the larger diameter connection for the PCV valve comes off the passenger side at the back of the carb, so you can run a 1-1/2" to 2" long line out to a 90, and then go back along the inside of the valve cover to another 90 and out to the PCV valve at the back of the passenger side valve cover. That will be clean and you won't have a big hose across the front of the engine.

The smaller manifold vacuum line comes off the front of the carb, but you can swing that around inside of the valve cover and back to the distributor. Maybe a 90 in that one too to help it around that corner at the front of the carb.

I don't recommend teeing the vac advance off the PCV line, as tempting as that will be. That PCV line will have oil and crap in it, and when you shut the engine off, you don't want that running down into your vac advance canister.

1978 K10 RCSB DD.
rich weyand is offline   Reply With Quote