View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #22
Coley

Re: What to bring on 1000 mile road trip with a truck I've never seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
There used to be a list on this forum where if you were stranded almost anywhere in the US and Canada you could get ahold of a forum member and they could come to your aid. If it's not here anymore it might be a good idea to post your intended route. Then see if there are cats on here that would be willing to help in an emergency.

Gary
....I've never seen this list but this is great community effort wherever it is.
That said, (RUN AWAY) post a probable map route of your trip and then maybe members along that posted route will chime in if they are near it and might be of service.
Never under estimate peoples willingness to help out someone when they can...certainly within this (classic truck/car) community.
The other thing I would pick up is a good, new battery and travel with 2 on board. I'd sell the used one when I got home for a couple of bucks to recoup some cost. Its great piece of mind to look down and see a nice spare battery sitting there ready for use if needed....very cheap investment when setting out on the trip.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote