View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #1291
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1956cameo View Post
Great trip! I guess I haven't kept up with this thread over the years. It is awesome to see a thread where we get to see the project not only finished but the trips it is taken on. So many build threads fizzle out and the project vehicle is never completed or once it is completed there is no more to the story. Great thread. Thanks for sharing your trips with us as well.
Thanks for appreciating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-W View Post
Motivates? MOTIVATES? Christ man! I can't wait to finish my truck and do the same thing, but then through Europe I'm thinking from Holland, through Germany, Austria into Italy..that'll be a 3000 Mile roundtrip. But I'll stay away from the German Autobahn.. because at 60Mph even the big rigs will be passing me.

great story, super pictures and a hell of a truck, great work!
That would be a great trip. I would love to see the pics from that.

My most recent trip was taken January 2nd because I needed a truck and this is really the only one I have. The roads were pretty clean and it was fairly warm (for us). These pics are in my Jimmy build thread too, but since this thread has been revived I may as well remind people its still a truck and should be used as one. Fully loaded and resting on the rear bump stops.

Probably about 1200 lbs in there...

I put on about 320 miles that day and had no issues. Didn't expect any but was a little concerned about my tires with that load on them.

I am already registered for the 2015 Hot Rod Power Tour and put in for enough vacation days to do the whole trip if I choose to do the long haul. That would be about 3000 miles for me round trip.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote