View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #19
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: What to bring on 1000 mile road trip with a truck I've never seen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971_CST_C10 View Post
BINGO.................I am going to SECOND this quote.... make sure this is DONE if its not you will be sitting on your butt at the border until paperwork arrives or until the 72hrs goes by and if the paperwork arrives they will charge you a fileing and process fee as well.... have all your paperwork done and also make sure its FIT to come into Canada they can charge you up to $800 for an Inter Border Crossing inspection and STILL have to get an Out of Province when you get home. Dont forget you WILL get charged the PST and GST on your purchase price as well as we dont have free trade any longer with USA. if you try to go through without claiming the truck or get through where there is no crossing and there are places as soon as you go to try to register it up here they will ask for Border paperwork and if you dont have it they will make you take the truck back to the border just to get it and it has to be in the truck you bought.... Yes I learned the hard way can you tell... hahahaha..
have all your T's crossed and I's dotted and you are good to go...
Darren.

He PM'd me and had all his paperwork done. What is an Inter Border Crossing Inspection, I've done lots of importing and never heard of such a thing. Are you talking about the RIV Inspection for vehicles 15 years old and newer? Sounds like you may have had a bad experience while importing something.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote