View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #11
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Long tube Headers

Thats hard to say for 100% certain as there are some really long mid's and some really short long's. Got me? If you have a mid length header with a good sized primary and a collector that exits in a reasonable position, I can't see you losing a ton. Same goes if you have a long tube that has wild-ass tube angles and lengths, I can't imagine you'd be really that far ahead of the game. In general longtubes make more power, are available with larger primaries and have more favorable collector sizes. If you find a longtube header with narrow primaries, it won't net as much power, but might see a few more artificial tq from the backpressure. Clear as mud right?

Consider exhaust mods not about GAINING power, but about NOT LOSING power.

A full stock truck may gain 8-15hp with mids, and 12-20 with longer tubes....BUT a large cam and heads will hugely alter that, where a mid might only make 5-15hp over a stock manifold, but a longtube could bring 30.

Yet if you threw 1-7/8 longtubes and a twin 3" exhaust on a bone stock 4.8 it would probably only pickup a few HP, but more than likely start to lose the tq which made it driveable.

Shorties<stock mani<mid<longtubes IMO.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote