View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #204
Free Candy Inside

Re: Free Candy Inside: 63 Long Panel Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjminino View Post
Honestly, I wouldnt do the reverse hood, but that is just me. So hard to work on anything. PB is some quality stuff and really good engineering, totally worth the money. I am contemplating on using inner fenders or not, so I too will have to fork over the cash to get some. you are not alone
I've always thought thier stuff is top notch until recently when another local guy bought a front crossmember. The bag mounts weren't lined up so the bag rubbed and was at a horrible angle. The lower bag mount bolt was off and had to be re drilled. They send random hardware for the struts that didn't fit/wasn't correct, and nothing came with any instructions or parts labeled. So you literally had to figure out which bolts went where, how to install the rack, etc. The stuff looks super nice but for $3500 it should bolt in with no complications besides the rack. Luckily he didn't have everything powder coated which he originally was going to do.
I also experienced the same thing with my Michigan Metal Works control arms. I don't get it, a simple tech sheet would go a long way. I was pretty much told that they expect you know what you are doing and because it was a "budget series" no instructions were include. So why not put a quick link on the website that shows how to install or tell me important things like the cross shafts come torqued to specs??

I don't know, maybe I'm just being picky, but I've done lift kits that come with detailed instructions and pictures. Maybe they just think hicks are too stupid to figure things out but if they can sent instructions on a $150 leveling kit it seems they should be able to send instructions with $900 control arms and $3500 suspensions.

Rant over. Lol

Instagram: jaked937
Free Candy Inside is offline   Reply With Quote