View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 11:11 PM   #450
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
That set up is exactly what I'm striving for. Though my stuff is all scattered, under multiple roofs if any and not one fully complete garage!!!! It takes alot of time and effort to gather the buildings, tools and knowledge to do this stuff. Getting a tow rig, trailer, space, all the spare parts and project cars......its all a time and money consuming thing. But as we tell our loved ones, atleast we aren't alcoholics or drug addicts! Just craiglist junkies, and parts addicts. Very nice stuff he's got goin on.
Well said 99, it does take a lot of time, effort and money to gather everything together for this hobby of ours. He is heading in a good direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Burb View Post
Yessir! Was just hoping all was well and thought I'd better check in.

Sorry for the slow reply!
Cool! 52Burb is an internet buddy of mine and somehow we have a wager going...whoever finished their Burb first (he is building a 52) would drive their Burb to the others house (1,500 miles) and the looser buys the cold brews.
Thanks for checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIZZLER View Post
burb is looking awesome. your friends shop and collection is killer.
Thanks Chizzler! He does have some cool stuff going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWanna49 View Post
Exactly what 99 said!!!
x3...long time ago a friend asked me how much I paid for my MIG welder. He plays golf and doesn't build cars. When I told him $1,500 he looked a little shocked and asked if I would get my moneys worth out of it. So I asked him what he paid for golf the previous year. About $1,500 was his reply...and I am still using my welder. Many of us give up other things to do this.

Thanks for checking in!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote