View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
hugger6933

Re: What did you pay for you project truck?

Well I'll start I have three not counting the one that came in today I think I may sell it. The 68 GMC was a big block 3/4 ton but now it is a small block T400 buddy buckets, speed warning, with air ,power steering, power brakes wood bed I have added tilt and got an extra set of buckets and because it had a Tommy gate on it the tail gate was in the bed a new take off. I traded a hard bed cover for it that I bought on a wrecked truck that I had to paint [with some left over paint ]actual cash in that truck about $200.
Next one is a 70 model Chevrolet I bought at the salvage sale I go to it had a few dents but I drove it 100 miles home[ on brand new michelens]with sales fees and all $1050. The last one is a 70 short I bought out of the newspaper from the local school dist. It was bought new by them and driven by the bus maintenance manager right before he retired he had the tech guys [mechanics they were called back then] put in the last bus crate 327 engine he had bought. It had about 1000 to 1200 miles on it they told me. I drove it to my shop. It may have the best steel floor I've seen in 20 years. I gave $440 for it
the one I bought yesterday I got at the sale it is a C30 and runs and drives good but I'm not saying the money cause I may sell it . It is more than any other. Good luck to you and if you need any help I'd be glad to try to answer any questions you may have just holler. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote