Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #1246
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

thanks man!

i had a little spare time today. spare time seems to be the bane of this build... haha

i wanted a little tool box. i dont like the ones that are so big you can loose everything in the inevitable clutter. i want to have trailering necessities and some must have tools in the truck at all times. having some extra fuel is a good thing too. i didnt want to advertise that there was a box full of liquid gold in the truck, so a hidden combo was the idea. i dont like most of what is offered for sale, and thats no fun anywhoo.

mine is baffled. tanks with no baffles speak of hackery.

nice little cubby for tools and whatnot, should look like a toolbox from the outside. i didnt get it welded out today, still have struts and latches as well as fittings to do and the lid is ready to cut and form, just not done yet. i had this cooking in my head for a while, but figured to get it done now so i can drill the mounting holes in the bed before the finish goes on the wood.

i did this out of 304ss. i learned on the fuel tank that the cost of coating a steel tank makes the cost of materials difference get really small. this should hold 60 gallons. combined with the fuel tank i will be able to start a trip with 100 gallons on board.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote